Welcome to Tri County Sportsmen's League
Tri-County welcomes the opportunity to showcase to non-members what our club has to offer. When planning a visit to our ranges, please call at least one hour before the time you would like to arrive so we can make sure a range officer will be available to escort you. Also, please be aware that we do require identification to use the ranges, and there is a $15 non-refundable fee for range use. You must bring your own firearm, appropriate ammunition, and eye and ear protection. Thanks!
Check out the 2013 CCW Class Schedule!
2013 Women on Target IS SOLD OUT. You can still fill out the app to be on the waiting list.
You can view some 2012 Women on Target photos here . The file may take a little while to load...
Shotgun Instruction: Classes meet June 14-15. All classes will run 6-9pm on Friday and continue Saturday 8am–2pm. Classes will be held in the trap range house and will be limited to ten students. Contact Bob Parent at email@example.com or call 248-214-5746 for info.
Junior Member Paige Downer bagged a hog at Thunder Hills Ranch!
|And here's a short video on the program, as seen on Michigan Out of Doors|
- MUCC Tree Giveaway on Saturday, May 11, 2013, from 9am – 1pm, at Vans Pines Nursery, 14731 Baldwin St., West Olive, MI 49460, (616) 399-1620
- Attention Members! Tri County is now an official recruiter for the NRA. Joining or renewing your membership with the NRA will now benefit the club. Renew or join through the "Join NRA" link on the left side of the website and part of the proceeds go directly to support Tri County. If you want to sign up the old fashioned way, call Gary Knechtel, at 734-218-0381 and we can meet at your earliest convenience. Signing up or renewing any other way will not help Tri County. This is the best way to support both the NRA and your club.
- A discussion of Pin Shoots by Mike Cowhy
- Have a hunting success photo? Send it to us and we'll post it so you can brag to everyone!
- The recent Five Course German Dinner featured Henkell Trocken, Rhine River Reisling (2009), Scheider Reisling Spatlese (2011), Nonnenhof Dornfelder, and Romerhof Beerenauslese Reisling. All were purchsed from Merchant's Wine in Dearborn.
- Board and Memberships meetings on Thursday May 16 at 630.
- NRA Foundation Banquet April 24th - get your tickets soon!
- Training -
- Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) Committee
Recent safety concerns at nearby shooting ranges have highlighted the need to review our SOPs. Discussed at the August Board meeting, a committee was formed and began meeting in early September with the goal of presenting a “Draft” document to the Board in December. Members of the committee include Rob Bolog, Steve Reed, and Dick Cupka.
Initial work has started with the gathering of existing procedures from all the activity leads (ranges, training, and special events) for consolidation into a single document. A template has been developed by the committee to be used for submitting your activities information or you may simply provide your procedures in their current form. To support our targeted draft completion date please submit your info by October 31st, electronic files can be e-mailed or a hard copy dropped of at the club for Rob, Steve or Dick.
Best practices will be shared with between ranges as well as a robust sign in procedure that will ensure our safety procedures are known and understood by all people using our ranges. Standardizing our procedures will build on our already excellent safety record while helping to reduce exposure to liability for the club and its members.
If you have any questions/input, or would like the template e-mailed to you, please contact Rob, Steve or Dick at:
- Our very own Dick Cupka discusses firearms and concealed carry every Saturday at 11:00 on WAAM 1600 - You can catch up on all his episodes and commentary on his website, Trigger Talk .
- Military match photos and information can be found at Chris Sucoe's M1 GarandGuy Site
- Your fellow club members are engaged in a wide variety of businesses. Do you need a product or service? Check out our Service Provider Directory to find a friend to help you out.
- How many people read our newsletter? We have over seven hundred members - would you like to send them all a message? Well now its possible to advertise in our monthly newsletters. Affordable rates and more details can be found here.
- Remember: Meals and Events at Tri-County are open to the general public.
- Do you have photos to post on the Military page?
Reserve the banquet facilities today!
Click for a larger image in a separate window
Contact Tri-County Sportsmen's League at
8640 Moon Road, Saline, MI 48176